Shipping & Returns
At Champaign Surplus, we stand behind everything that we sell. We personally select all of the products we carry and meet with our manufacturers and representatives on a regular basis. If you have any warranty issues with a product you purchase from us, we will help work with the manufacturer to take care of the problem.
Orders are processed through champaignsurplus.com on the conditions that you accept all of the following:
– The polices, terms and conditions specified below;
– Any additional terms and conditions posted throughout this web site.
Orders are processed Monday through Saturday, excluding Holidays. You will receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number for your order. We strive to ship out all orders within 24 hours of receipt, with the exception of weekends and holidays. If your order is placed on a weekend, your order will generally ship on the following Monday. If you place an order on a holiday, it will generally ship the second business day after.
When your shipment arrives, it will most likely be in a recycled box or package. Our physical location receives shipments almost every day. As part of our effort to recycle, we reuse every box, envelope and piece of packing paper that we can. Please let us know at the time of order if you would like your shipment sent in a new box.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover for payment of purchases made on Champaignsurplus.com. When an order is placed, your credit card will be pre-authorized with your credit or debit card issuer. This pre-authorization may affect the amount of available credit on your credit or debit card. We submit the final charge to your credit or debit card at the time of shipping.
Champaignsurplus.com will accept personal checks and money orders, however goods will not ship until the check has cleared. Please contact our customer service department if you would like to pay for your purchase with a check or money order.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 30 days. You may also return new items purchased on the website to our physical location in Champaign, Illinois. We do not accept any returns of used military merchandise or clearance (located in the Deals section of champaignsurplus.com) items.
If you do need to return an item, we use the following guidelines:
– Items must be in “new” condition in order to be returned. New condition means that the item is as it would be displayed on our sales floor and has the original Champaign Surplus and manufacturer tags attached. Unfortunately we will not be able to accept return items that are “gently” tried.
– All refunds are returned to the credit card used for the original purchase.
– We must be able to verify proof of original purchase. Please include the original receipt with any returned item. If the original receipt cannot be located, we can verify purchase in our systems.
– Sale items may be returned for store credit only.
– All sales of climbing equipment are final. This includes rope, carabineers, harnesses, helmets, and chalk.
Before returning an item, please contact the Champaign Surplus customer service department via email or phone to receive a Return Authorization Number (“RA#”). The customer service department will provide you with the shipping address for the items.
When you ship a return, we recommend that you utilize a tracking number and insure the shipment. Any returned items remain your responsibility until we receive them and ensure that they meet our return policies noted above.
We offer free 7 business day shipping to the continental United States on all purchases over $50.00, with the exception of items over 20 pounds. If you choose an expedited shipping time frame, or purchase items under $50.00, the shipping charge is based on weight and the dimensions of the package. Our philosophy is that our customers should be charged what it costs us to ship the item rather than a flat fee.